Silverbrook Farm is excited to offer a Community Supported Agriculture program during Summer and Fall of 2017.
We offer a Full Share which is portioned for the entire family and a Half Share which is best for couples or friends. The Full Share and sometimes the Half Share will not only contain sustainably locally grown vegetables, fruits, jams and farm fresh eggs but also marmalades, mustards and local cheeses. A Full-share is $30/week and a Half-share is $15/week.
Questions about CSA (Community Sustainable Agriculture)
Where and when can I pick up my Summer CSA?
You can pick up your Summer CSA locally in Dartmouth, MA at Silverbrook Farm located at 592 Chase Road between 1-6pm. Pick-ups are scheduled weekly on Wednesdays from June 14th - September 27th, 2017 (16 weeks total).
We will have Tuesday drop-offs throughout Boston at the following company locations:
- Bay Cove (19 Bradston st Boston ma) 9:30am - 9:50am
- Vertex (50 Northern Ave, Boston, MA, 02210) 10:15am - 10:45am
- Novartis (22 Windsor St, Cambridge, MA, 02139) 11:15am - 11:45am
- Takeda (99 Blanche St, Cambridge, MA 02139) Noon - 12:30pm
- VHB / Doble 1:00pm - 1:30pm
- Computershare (250 Royall st Canton, MA) 2:30pm - 3:00pm
We will have Tuesday drop-offs on Cape Cod at the following locations:
- Falmouth Hospital (10:00am - 11:00am)
- Cape Cod Hospital (Noon - 1:00pm)
- Communication Way - 25 Communication Way, Hyannis, MA (1:15pm - 2:00pm)
SOUTHCOAST HEALTH NETWORK:
We will have Wednesday drop-offs at the locations below:
- Charlton Memorial Hospital (Fall River) 9:00am - 9:45am
- 300 Faunce Corner Road (Dartmouth) 10:15am - 10:45am
- St. Luke's Hospital (New Bedford) 11:15am - 11:45am
- South Coast Business Center (200 Mill Road, Fairhaven) 12:15pm - 12:45pm
- Tobey Hospital (Wareham) 1:15pm - 1:45pm
SOUTH END OPEN MARKET (BOSTON)
When and where can I pick my Fall CSA?
We will have a local fall CSA in Dartmouth, MA with the pickup at our farm stand (592 Chase Road, Dartmouth, MA). The Dartmouth Fall CSA will run on Wednesdays, November 15 - December 20th.
Check out our Fall 2017 flyer for more info
We are currently working out our Fall CSA for select Boston businesses. Contact us if you are interested.
What happens if I can’t pick up my CSA share?
Anyone can pick up your share, they just need to give your name. A great deal of work and planning goes into preparing for pick up day, so we cannot let you pick up on a different day or time. You might also consider letting a charity pick up your share in your absence.
What happened to the Pick Your Own Share?
Even though we aren't offering a pre-sale option this year every share is a PICK YOUR OWN! You can swap items from what is available with the CSA driver/ pick up location.
May I get more than my share?
Yes you may. We usually have enough to sell you extra items. We will also have our own jams, jellies and honey for sale and occasionally may have some produce items that are not included in the share for sale.
May I split a share with someone?
Yes. However, for our record keeping purposes the share will only be listed under one persons name, so we ask that only one of you sign up, or we will think that we have sold 2 shares. We will not split the share for you. One person will have to pick up the share and you will have to split it between yourselves.
What can I expect in my CSA?
The contents of your CSA vary depending on what crops are prevalent and in season. You can view examples of our Weekly CSA Guides HERE!
Have more questions?
If you have questions/concerns about your CSA / how to sign up for a CSA please contact David Sanders or Andrew Thornhill.